Bem vindo ao nosso forum ! É seu primeiro acesso?
Registro
Página 1 de 3 123 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 a 15 de 35
    Legendary Fighter Avatar de rouken
    Inicio
    Jan 2014

[Dreamcast] DCRES: Complete Upload [US-EN / PT-BR Post]

With pleasure, I bring for you an upload of significant importance:
    All Dreamcast games released under the DCRes Quality Control.

Com todo o prazer, lhes trago um upload de importância significativa:
    Todos os jogos de Dreamcast lançados sob o Padrão de Qualidade DCRes.

==================================================

It is important to clarify that these ISOs were created solely to be burned to a disk and to use in the real hardware. If you intend to use them in emulators, the use of these games will not improve performance in games compared to the games released by other teams. If you want to play using an emulador, I strongly recommend you to try to find games in .GDI format.

É importante deixar claro que essas ISOs foram criadas unicamente para serem gravados em discos e serem usados no hardware real. Se você pretente usar emuladores, usar esses jogos não irá melhorar na performance dos jogos se comparados com jogos lançados por outros times. Se você quiser jogar usando um emulador, eu recomendo fortemente que tente encontrar os jogos em formato .GDI.

[US-EN] What is the DCRes Project?

To better understand what is the DCRes Project is very important that we get back in time and understand the why of the creation of this project.

When was released that what would be the last console released by Sega, the Dreamcast, it used a totally unique storage media, developed by Yamaha: The GD-ROM. In terms of storage, this media was superior to CD-ROM, which the capacity to store up to 1.2G of information in one single disk (almost the double of information, compared to a CD-ROM). This made it possible to prevent piracy, since it was almost impossible to put so much information into a single CD-ROM.

However, when the Internet communities were managing to extract the contained data inside of the GD-ROMs, slowly the games were available to download and, with it, the possibility to analyze these games. With time, it was discovering that not all games occupied the 1.2Gb of space which the GD-ROM had available, allowing certain games could be recorded on a regular CD. But in cases when files of a game exceeds the space of a CD, the communities had to chose to reduce the quality of the audio and video of the game to that these games could fit inside a regular CD. But those downgrades were made ​​anyway, sometimes getting a downgrades job with results not very pleasing. Were more extreme cases where it was necessary to remove information, ripping games. Not to mention that the game data were simply thrown anyway to the inside of the disk image.

As a result, the Dreamcast games that were distributed over the Internet with the purpose of being recorded on regular CD-ROMs did not have any "quality standard", because they had risks of owning lags and even stop working during the game, not to mention that the optical reader makes too much noise to read the information these discs.

However, in 2008, a user known as TuxTheWise, took the initiative to "repack" the images of games choosen by him. Thus was born Project Resurrection Dream (aka DCRes).

The goal of this project was to put the Dreamcast games in a regular CD in the best way possible, and with the best quality possible.

To make this possible, Tux wore techniques and criteria to make these goals were achieved. Among them:
    1. To make all games be self-bootable, making the games work in any region, and dispenses with the famous boot disk;
    2. To use the most current CODEC to compress audio files and video. In some cases, it was possible to reduce the size of audio and video without sacrificing their quality;
    3. If to reduce the quality of the audio and video is a need to make the game fits in a CD, Tux made use of downgrade the files in the most minimum scale possible;
    4. At the end of each work, if there was some unused space on the disk, he used a resource known as "Dummying", which is the action to fill the unused space with data with "Zero value". This "Zero value" data were always arranged in the middle of the disc, causing the game data to be taped to the outside of the disc, resulting in less movements of the reader (typically, the programs write data from center of the disc to the edge).
    5. Tux always organized the order in which the files would be written to the disc not only to make the reader use less movements, but also to ensure fast loadings (typically, the programs write data following some pre-stipulated order, such as alphabetical order).
    6. Thanks to Tux's intelligence, he discovered that it is possible to find a way to saving precious space on the disk, simply search and delete redundant files. When these redundant files was deleted, the only thing was necessary to do was to link the address of the deleted files to access the clone-files.

Thus, Tux gained notoriety by the communities that have the Dreamcast as theme. All ISOs he has released worked beautifully well, with their performance equal (or even better) to the original games, very different from the other ISOs launched by other communities.

Everything was perfect, with the project with over 150 games released until that moment... until, suddenly, the SNES-O-Rama's forum, the forum where Tux frequents, has released his works, and had your blog, was deactivated, losing all the jobs that Tux has made available to communities. This, added to the closure of the Megaupload, server where many ISOs were staying, the "wise one" got without action, as all his uploads got lost, and all your job history had disappeared along with your blog. Even with the SNES-O-Rama returned to the air, unfortunately there was no way to recover Tux's blog. With this, the DCRes Project was interrupted, leaving many outstanding games without be released.

Then, after some time, Tux solves surprise your "followers" with a great gift: Delivering a torrent containing not only every game he had released, but also all the tools he used to produce his repacks, and their articles that convey much of his knowledge (links to find this torrent, see in the end of this post).

However, Tux showed no initiative to re-up their work, re-open your blog, or even resuming the project until this very moment. No doubt a great loss to the community...

Even so, I would like to say that Tux was, and still is, a true hero to all fans of the Sega's last console. Tux... If you are reading this text, I would ask on behalf of all the Dreamcast community, please, continue with your work. If you need any assistance, I would be very happy to help in whatever is within my means... If, by a chance, you wish to contact me, you can send me a PM in the SNES-O-Rama forum, once, like you, I have an account there.

As proof of my feeling towards this project, I, with pleasure, uploaded all games released by the DCRes Project. If this could mean a restart, I allow you to use the links for your own use (for the other users, I ask that, instead of copying the links, please, use the link to this forum topic...).

[PT-BR] O que é o Projeto DCRes?

Para melhor entender o que é o Projeto DCRes, é importante que nós voltemos bastante no tempo e entender o porque da criação desse projeto.

Quando foi lançado aquele que viria a ser o último console lançado pela Sega, o Dreamcast, ele utilizava uma mídia totalmente única desenvolvida pela Yamaha: O GD-ROM. Em se tratando de armazenamento de dados, essa mídia era superior ao CD-ROM, podendo armazenar até 1.2G de informações em um único disco (praticamente, o dobro de informações, comparados à um CD-ROM). Com isso, era possível evitar a pirataria, já que era praticamente impossível colocar tanta informação dentro de um único CD-ROM.

Entretanto, quando as comunidades da Internet iam conseguindo extrair os dados contidos de dentro dos GD-ROMs, pouco-a-pouco os jogos eram disponibilizados para download e, com isso, a possibilidade desses jogos serem analisados. Com o tempo, foi-se descobrindo que nem todos os jogos ocupavam o espaço de 1.2Gbs que o GD-ROM disponibilizava, permitindo que certos jogos pudessem ser gravados em um CD comum. Mas em casos de quando os arquivos de um jogo excediam o espaço de um CD, as comunidades então reduziam a qualidade do áudio e dos vídeos do jogo para que esses jogos pudessem caber dentro de um CD comum. Só que essas reduções de qualidade eram feitas de qualquer maneira, ficando por vezes um trabalho de redução de qualidade com resultados não muito agradáveis. Haviam casos mais extremos em que era preciso remover informações, ripando os jogos. Isso sem contar que os dados desses jogos eram simplesmente jogados de qualquer maneira para dentro da imagem do disco.

Em resultado disso, os jogos de Dreamcast que eram distribuídos pela Internet com o propósito de serem gravados em CD-ROMs comuns não possuíam nenhum "padrão de qualidade", pois eles tinham riscos de possuir lags e, até mesmo, parar de funcionar durante o jogo, isso sem contar que o leitor óptico fazia muito barulho para ler as informações desses discos.

Entretanto, em 2008, um usuário conhecido como TuxTheWise, tomou a iniciativa de remontar as imagens dos discos de jogos selecionados por ele. Assim nascia o Projeto Dream Resurrection (vulgo DCRes).

A meta desse projeto era colocar os jogos de Dreamcast dentro de um CD comum da melhor maneira possível, com a melhor qualidade possível.

Para que isso fosse possível, Tux usava técnicas e critérios para que tais metas fossem alcançadas. Entre elas:
    1. Fazer com que todos os jogos sejam auto-bootáveis, fazendo os jogos rodarem em qualquer região, e dispensando o famoso disco de boot;
    2. Usava os CODECs mais atuais para compactar os arquivos de áudio e vídeo. Em alguns casos, era possível reduzir o tamanho dos arquivos de áudio e vídeo sem sacrificar a qualidade deles;
    3. Caso reduzir a qualidade dos arquivos de áudio e vídeo fosse uma necessidade para que o jogo pudesse caber em um CD, Tux usava o mínimo de downgrade possível;
    4. Ao final de cada trabalho, se sobrave algum espaço no disco que ainda podia ser preenchido, era usado um recurso conhecido como "Dummying", ao qual consiste em preencher o espaço vazio com dados de valor "Zero". Esses dados de valor "Zero" sempre eram dispostos no meio do disco, fazendo com que os dados que iriam ser acessados fossem gravados para a parte externa do disco, resultando com menos movimentos do leitor (normalmente, os programas gravam os dados a partir do centro do disco para a extremidade).
    5. Tux sempre organizava a ordem em que os arquivos iriam ser gravados no disco para que não somente fosse exigido menos movimentos do leitor, mas também garantir loadings rápidos (normalmente, os programas gravam os dados seguindo alguma ordem pré-estipulada, como ordem alfabética).
    6. Graças a inteligência de Tux, ele descobriu que é possível encontrar um meio de poupar preciosos espaços no disco, bastando procurar e apagar arquivos redundantes. Ao apagar esses arquivos redundantes, só era preciso linkar o endereço dos arquivos apagados para acessar os arquivos-clones.

Com isso, Tux ganhou notoriedade pelas comunidades que tenham o Dreamcast como tema. Todas as ISOs que ele lançava funcionavam lindamente no console, com performance igual (ou até mesmo melhor) aos jogos originais, muito diferente as ISOs lançadas por outras comunidades.

Tudo estava perfeito, com o projeto já contando com mais de 150 jogos lançados... até que, de repente, o fórum do site SNES-O-Rama, fórum em que Tux frequentava, lançava seus trabalho, e que tinha seu blog instalado, saiu do ar, perdendo todos os trabalhos que ele havia disponibilizado para as comunidades. Isso somado ao fechamento do Megaupload, servidor onde muitos das ISOs estavam hospedadas, o "sábio" ficou sem ação, já que todo o seu trabalho de upload havia sido perdido, e todo o seu histórico de trabalhos havia desaparecido junto com o seu blog. Mesmo com o SNES-O-Rama de volta ao ar, infelizmente não teve como recuperar o blog do Tux. Com isso, o projeto DCRes foi interrompido, deixando muitos jogos pendentes sem ser lançados.

Então, após algum tempo, Tux resolve surpreender os seus "seguidores" com um grande presente: Disponibilizar um Torrent, contendo não somente todos os jogos já lançados por ele, mas também todas as ferramentas que ele usou para produzir seus repacks, e seus artigos que transmitem muito de seu conhecimento (links para encontrar esse torrent, veja no final desse post).

Entretanto, Tux não mostrou nenhuma iniciativa para re-uppar seus trabalhos, reabrir seu blog, ou mesmo retomar o projeto até o presente momento. Sem dúvida, uma grande perda para a comunidade...

Mesmo assim, gostaria de dizer que Tux foi, e ainda é, um verdadeiro herói para todos os fãs do último console da Sega. Tux... Se você estiver lendo esse texto, gostaria de pedir em nome de toda a comunidade Dreamcast que, por favor, retome o seu trabalho. Se precisar de alguma assistência, eu mesmo ficaria muito feliz em ajudar em tudo aquilo que estiver dentro de minhas possibilidades... Se, por um acaso você, desejar me contactar, você pode me enviar uma MP no fórum da SNES-O-Rama, uma vez que, igual à você, eu tenho uma conta lá.

Como prova de meu sentimento para com esse projeto, efetuei, com todo o prazer, o upload de todos os jogos lançado pelo projeto DCRes. Caso isso seja um começo, eu permito que você use os links para uso próprio (para outros usuários, eu peço que, ao invés de copiarem os links, simplesmente usem o link para esse tópico do fórum...).

=== DCRES DREAMCAST GAMES ===

#

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

Y

Z

[US-EN] Extra Stuff

The following link leads to a folder with the tools used by Tux to prepare his repacks. Also included are articles which he put on his old blog. Even more... I have the pleasure of adding an article Tux lost and that I had saved, which is the tutorial "Making your Dreamcast analog new again"! Tux, If you want the original document I had saved, I will be happy to deliver the file. DOC for you. Just ask me!! (as stated earlier, you can contact me simply by sending me a PM on the forum of the SNES-O-Rama, through of my profile.).

The following link has other precious materials created by Tux, like OSTs he extracted directly from the games, disc images of Dreamcast games in .GDI format extracted by him, other applications he created under DCRes standards, and exclusive discs for testing calibration Dreamcast's optical reader.

[PT-BR] Condeúdo extra

O Link à seguir leva para uma pasta com as ferramentas que Tux utilizava para preparar os seus repacks. Também estão incluídas os artigos que ele colocava no antigo Blog dele. Inclusive, eu tive o prazer de adicionar um artigo que ele perdeu e que eu havia salvo, que é o tutorial que ensina como deixar o analógico do controle de Dreamcast como novo!! Se Tux quiser o documento original que eu salvei, terei o maior prazer em entregar o arquivo .DOC para você. Basta você pedir... (como dito anteriormente, você pode me contatar simplesmente me enviando uma MP no fórum da SNES-O-Rama, através do meu perfil).

O link a seguir possui outros materiais preciosos criados por Tux, como OSTs que ele extraiu diretamente dos jogos, imagens de jogos de Dreamcast em formato .GDI que ele mesmo extraiu, outros aplicativos que ele criou sob o padrão DCRes, e os exclusivos discos para testes de calibragem do leitor óptico do Dreamcast.

[US-EN] Burning the CD (in the right way)...

To burn the games, Tux recommends to use Disc Juggler Professional. When his blog was still active, he provided a link to the version 4.10.1084 of the program. I saved this file and I am providing to you now.

Try to avoid to use other programs. I don't guarantee the games will work well in the same way of a game burned by the Disc Juggler. And please, don't mount the ISO in a virtual drive to make a disc copy, because you will lose important informations, like the disc's dummying, file orders and the links to the redundant files.

After installing the program, go to File > New. When you open a window asking for a New Task, select the Burn CD and DVD images option. On the Source tab, click the big button and select the ISO you want to burn. Make any other desired settings and, to start to burning the disc, press the Start button.

[PT-BR] Gravando o CD (da maneira correta)...

Para gravar os jogos, Tux recomenda o programa Disc Juggler Professional. Quando blog dele ainda estava ativo, ele disponibilizou um link para a versão 4.10.1084. Eu salvei esse arquivo e estou disponibilizando para vocês agora.

Tente evitar usar outros programas. Eu não garanto que os jogos irão funcionar da mesma maneira que do mesmo jogo gravado pelo Disc Juggler. E por favor, não monte a ISO em um drive virtual para fazer a cópia de um disco, senão você perderá informações importantes, como o dummying do disco, a ordem dos arquivos, e os links para os arquivos redundantes.

Após instalar o programa, vá para File > New. Quando abrir uma janela pedindo uma nova tarefa (New Task), escolha a opção Burn CD and DVD images. Na aba Source, clique no enorme botão e escolha a ISO que deseja gravar. Faça as demais configurações que desejar e, para gravar, aperte o botão Start.

TORRENT

[US-EN]
    Now, if you prefer to download the full pack via torrent, you can use one of the links below. Just remember to do your part and share downloaded content, seeding the torrent. This torrent includes not only all of the material posted here, but almost every game he released before it becames obsolete after they had received updates in new repacks.

[PT-BR]
    Agora, se você preferir baixar o trabalho completo via torrent, vocês podem usar um dos links abaixo. Só lembrem-se de fazer a sua parte e compartilhem o conteúdo baixado, semeando o torrent. Esse torrent não só inclui todo o material postado aqui, mas também quase todos os jogos que ele lançou antes de se tornarem obsoletos após receberem atualizações com novos repacks.

[US-EN]
    FINAL WORDS: Please, ignore any orthographic error. I translated and revised this huge text all by myself, doing my best job. If you want I do some correction, please, contact me with a PM.

[US-EN] Enjoy...

[PT-BR] Tenham bons downloads...

master-1
    Visitante

Re: [Dreamcast] DCRES: Complete Upload [US-EN / PT-BR Post]

q isso mano
    vc ta fod* mesmo com esses uploads
    ai eu to na ***** pq ja tenho uns 40 dvd's de dreamcast e ja me coço a atualizar tudo kkkkk

Master Fighter Avatar de Heiho
    Inicio
    Jun 2012

Esse TuxTheWise é um brasileiro que postava lá na SnesOrama.
    Infelizmente alguns jogos ele nunca conseguiu fazer uma versão que desse para gravar em um CD sem perdas como o Sega Rally 2 e o Guilty Gear X.

Furious Fighter
    Inicio
    Oct 2010

Existe alguma lista do jogos que teve perdas?

Inicio
    Jan 2014

Citação Postado originalmente por master-1 Ver Post
    q isso mano
    vc ta fod* mesmo com esses uploads
    ai eu to na ***** pq ja tenho uns 40 dvd's de dreamcast e ja me coço a atualizar tudo kkkkk
    Gostaria de poder manter esse ritmo...

Como comentei antes, essas ISOs são para serem gravadas e usadas no próprio Dreamcast. Se você usar as ISOs para rodarem em emuladores, não haverá melhora no desempenho. Exceto, é claro, se o downgrade feito para reduzir a qualidade dos arquivos de áudio e vídeo resultarem em um trabalho bem ruim. Mesmo assim, se for para usar em emuladores, o mais recomendado seria usar os jogos em formato .GDI.

Citação Postado originalmente por Heiho Ver Post
    Esse TuxTheWise é um brasileiro que postava lá na SnesOrama.
    Infelizmente alguns jogos ele nunca conseguiu fazer uma versão que desse para gravar em um CD sem perdas como o Sega Rally 2 e o Guilty Gear X.
    Sim... Tux é brasileiro...

Sobre esses jogos, ele realmente quebrava a cabeça tentando fazer os jogos funcionarem. Seria interessante se, naquela, ele contasse com a ajuda de pessoas que entendessem como hackear arquivos...

Citação Postado originalmente por Hugo N. Ver Post
    Existe alguma lista do jogos que teve perdas?
    Na verdade ele tinha uma lista de jogos em pendência que, como comentei acima, ele não conseguia fazer funcionar. Um exemplo eram os jogos para Dreamcast programados em Windows C.E. (como Virtua Cop 2), onde ele não conseguia fazer os jogos rodarem com música. Jogos como Guilty Gear X ou Project Justice também ficaram na pendencia. Infelizmente, com a perda do blog, a lista de jogos na pendência (e os motivos para tal) foram perdidos.

Legendary Fighter Avatar de akumaster***
    Inicio
    Oct 2010

CARACAS...
    que massa mano.
    puta post.

posso baixar e jogar via emulador
    dreamcast pc ?

valeu.

Inicio
    Jan 2014

@akumaster***

Você pode sim, mas se for para jogar usando um emulador, sugiro que tente procurar a imagem do jogo em formato .GDI, pois esse formato é do dump direto do GD-ROM do jogo original. Aí você não terá nenhuma perda de informação ou qualidade em comparação ao jogo original.

Como já comentei, essas ISOs que postei foram montadas para serem gravadas nos discos e rodarem no próprio Dreamcast. É importante ver que, na pasta de cada jogo, existe um arquivo .NFO, onde explica como foi o processo de montagem de cada jogo em questão.

Inicio
    Oct 2010

QUE PENA.
    Esses ai alem de otima qualidade, ainda
    em pt-br.

Inicio
    Jun 2012

Esclarecendo as coisas, A mídia original de um game de Dreamcast é o GD-Rom que têm em torno de 1.2 giga de capacidade.
    Os games piratas são gravados em CD-R comum de 700 mb, e vários desses grupos de hackers
    na época dos lançamentos de games do Dreamcast lançavam por torrent Iso's ripadas para gravar em CD's só que muitos desses rip's eram mal feitos e ripados as pressas.
    O DCRes tenta deixar os jogos o mais perto possível dos GD's originais deixando os arquivos na ordem correta e preferindo sempre fazer downsample das músicas e/ou FMV's
    do que ripa-las de vez.
    Por essa razão se vocês forem jogar em emuladores usem as Iso's no formato .GDI que é a copia do game original em GD-Rom sem ter nada ripado.

Citação Postado originalmente por rouken Ver Post

Sobre esses jogos, ele realmente quebrava a cabeça tentando fazer os jogos funcionarem. Seria interessante se, naquela, ele contasse com a ajuda de pessoas que entendessem como hackear arquivos...
    Se não me engano ele abandonou esse projeto em 2010, mas o DCRES não era o único que fazia isso o grupo ReviveDC Project esta ativo até hoje.

Na verdade ele tinha uma lista de jogos em pendência que, como comentei acima, ele não conseguia fazer funcionar. Um exemplo eram os jogos para Dreamcast programados em Windows C.E. (como Virtua Cop 2), onde ele não conseguia fazer os jogos rodarem com música. Jogos como Guilty Gear X ou Project Justice também ficaram na pendencia. Infelizmente, com a perda do blog, a lista de jogos na pendência (e os motivos para tal) foram perdidos.
    A lista era essa:

Some projects I work on have problems that could not be solved. Hence I couldn't make correct releases of these titles. Here I list the games, the problems and other comments. Any help is welcome.

1) Armada (WinCE game):
    - Game was hacked using bincon and it boots and works fine.
    - The game has one CDDA track, that had to be edited to fit on CD.
    - If you put CDDA track as first track, game will play CDDA.
    Problem: CDDA behavior is different of original GD. CDDA track resets after pausing the game or entering a shop.
    Failed tries: - I tried to modify everything that looked like a reference: CDDA LBA start value, CDDA LBA relative start value, CDDA duration (in bytes, samples and sectors) and CDDA end. CDDA behaviour had not changed.

2) The Next Tetris Online Edition (WinCE game):
    - CDDA doesn't work properly. Every time a CDDA track is supposed to play, the whole CDDA tracks starts playing. For example, if game tries to play track 05, it starts playing track 01 instead. After track end, if game wants to restart the track, it can't, and go to next track. It's like the game doesn't know where CDDA tracks are. It's basically the same behavior of Armada (see above) and other WinCE games that I'm having trouble (see below). So, if I could fix one game, I probably would figure out a general solution for all the games.
    - The (terrible) Accession release of this game has the same wrong behaviour, but they released it saying it works fine, but it doesn't.
    - It doesn't matter if you use dummy tracks or not, it will start from track 01 and play the tracks sequentially.

3) KISS Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child (WinCE game):
    - Wrong behavior of CDDA, the same problem that I'm having with others WinCE + CDDA games.
    - CDDA must be edited to fit on a standard CD-R.
    - There is a release around saying that CDDA is included. CDDA plays but behavior is not the same of the GD. It has the same problem that I'm having and it's not perfect.

4) Virtua Cop 2 (Standalone JAP disc) (WinCE game):
    - CDDA doesn't play at all.

5) Guilty Gear X:
    - I have edited CDDA, so all tracks would be present on my release. Echelon's release has some tracks ripped off.
    - This game is protected, and I can't hack them.
    - I can't revert Echelon's re-link, so their binary would play all the tracks and I could use on my release. I also can't hack the game by myself, even using a byte to byte comparer with Echelon's release. The best I could do was make the game work without CDDA, that is not enough.

6) Omikron: The Nomad Soul:
    Problem solved and game released.

7) Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram:

8) Blue Stinger:

9) Atari Anniversary Edition (WinCE):
    - The game has big .DCM files that make it not fit on a CD-R. I'm still trying to figure out what this .DCM files are. I think they're videos, but it's just a guess since I never played this game. Anyway, I need to know the format of these files and downsample them, so I can make everything fit on a CD-R.
    - There is a release around, but the guys just copied the smallest .DCM files over the other ones.

10) Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX:

11) Metropolis Street Racer:
    - If I remake the disc using Echelon's files the game freezes after opening movie. It's something related to the protection, but what is it?
    - Hacking the game by myself gives the same result.
    - Using LBA 45000 trick results in the same behavior.
    - PAL version uses the same protection.
    - The "CDE4436A" trick does not work.
    - Update: I found this info in an old forum, written by Darkfalz:
    The MSR protection is VERY complicated.

It checks both LBA and size of every file, but with a seemingly random offset. I don't know what generates this offset but there are about 16 more bytes that I have no idea about about. The LBA bytes are the only changed between the original and the cracked Echelon version, except for the few files which were reduced in size thanks to downsampling. These appear to have both size and LBA changed.

Additionally, there are some bytes at the end of this protection block which don't appear to belong to any file reference, this seems like a last check. Everything up to there is fairly simple once you determine the offset for a particular file, which can be done. But I don't know what the last part is, and this is my personal stumbling block.

I made two coasters by changing just the LBA offsets to that of my new sorted and dummied version, and I know this was correct because of the LBA pattern of the files. But it still crashed - probably due to that mystery code at the end, which is heavily altered from the original GD-ROM version.

But yes, provided you have the exact same file order (hence matching LBA) and if you dummy your AFS files up to the original size after downsampling, a repack of this nature should certainly work.

Update: I've done a little more looking at it, and those different bytes at the end turned out to be because Echelon moved the position of one file reference. What it seems to be is that the offset is somehow calculated from the previous LBA / size reference. Since the sizes didn't change, the offset is identical in the rip and the (for most files) original. But since the LBA changes, this offset is different every time after the first position.

I still don't know what those other 16 or so bytes are for, but it could have something to do with the calculation of this offset. If I could work out the algorithm then it'd be easy as pie, but I'm really just grasping at straws right now. Shame the guy from Ech who cracked it (PSI) isn't around or I could get in contact with him, he probably wrote a little tool to do this in five seconds flat.

Update 2: Okay, I have sort of worked out what the other bytes are. They are the filename, but it's encoded too. How they are encoded appears to have something to do with the length of the name, so I guess that's my starting point. I've found some other patterns but they aren't consistent, just for parts, but it's something to work on. The offset, although it's positive and negative and ranges all over the place, gradually increases from file to file. It's actually increases about the same as the length of the encoded data. It's pretty obvious to me the offsets are calculated progressively, or perhaps there's a constant in the formula which involves the file number.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll work it out sooner or later... but it is some seriously weird shit. spoiler

So to make it work I'd need to know the logic for the check numbers and "only" adjust then to my new files/file order.

12) D2:
    - I could hack and boot this game fine.
    - It's possible to make this game fit on regular 80min CD-R, but it's needed to downsample sounds to 11khz mono. However, anything different of 44khz does not play correctly. Game needs to be hacked to plays 11khz ADX correctly. Sound would get terrible though.
    - A split release of this game is something very possible, because most of ADX are speech of cutscenes. If you're interested separating the files, contact me. I can write a tool to give you the filename being accessed when the sector number given by NullDC is given, so you could easily know what sound file is being accessed and would just need to play the game in NullDC taking note of the files.

13) Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 2 (WinCE):
    - Another WinCE game with CDDA, another fail.
    - CDDA doesn't play at all.

14) Sega Sports Tennis 2K2:

15) Skies of Arcadia:
    - This game cannot be modified/downsampled/whatever to make it fit on a regular 80min CD-R. Period.
    - My attack plan would be making a split release for regular 80min. I have wrote a tool to give me the filename being accessed using the sector number given by NullDC, so all I had to do is playing the game and taking note of the files. If you want to help me with that, contact me please.

16) Phantasy Star Online v2:
    - I can't hack this game properly, it goes back to the main screen when it should start.
    - LBA 45000 trick does not work.
    - "CDE4 436A" and "1032 0D8B" protection schemes do not work.
    - Echelon made a release of JAP version of this game. I could use american GD dump + their files to release an optimized version, however, I can't find their oRARs.

17) Railroad Tycoon 2:
    - Another WinCE game + CDDA.
    - Game boots and works fine.
    - CDDA plays in the main menu, but not during the game.

18) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six:
    - Another WinCE + CDDA game.
    - I haven't tested its behaviour playing CDDA because TOSEC GDI tracks are all full of "ticks". I'm looking for another GD dump with clean tracks at the moment.
    - Even if I find a dump, I doubt I will be able to make it work correctly. These WinCE games are a pain in the...

19) Soldier Of Fortune:
    - There is a huge PAK file that contains most of files.
    - I can't unpack the PAK (and of course I can't mount one). It's not a .ZIP as in Quake games, and it's a different format of PC version of Soldier Of Fortune. I need to do some reverse engineering like I did in Rayman 2 or get some tips, otherwise this project will stay paused.
    - There isn't too many files outside the PAK, so there is no way of optimizing the file order. The only way to do it would be changing file order inside the PAK.

20) Bust-A-Move 4:
    - Another WinCE game with CDDA. Same problems...

21) Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm
    - This game has ~930mb of data, and about 320mb of audio.
    - Most of audio are in 22khz mono.
    - Audio is not ADX, but I found a way to downsample them.
    - Even downsampling the sounds to 11khz mono, what is a terrible quality, game would still have ~770mb, what is around 100mb more than a selfboot CD-R can handle.
    - There is no more media to downsample, so it's impossible to make a single disc release of this game (at least a 80min), unless with a method similar that Echelon used in SOA, but I don't have the knowledge for that.
    - Echelon has made a split version of this game. I tried to make an optimized version of their split, but it was not possible. This game has a protection scheme close to MSR (read above).
    - A *.dir file contains name of the files and 3 numbers. One is file size, other two are unknown for me (probably something LBA related). Unless the numbers match, the game refuses to boot.

This list will be keep updated.

Inicio
    Oct 2010

Oque eu queria jogar e finalizar mesmo era o resident evil code veronica.
    parece que ele tem mais partes / cenas do que o do ps2.

Inicio
    Jan 2014

Citação Postado originalmente por akumaster*** Ver Post
    Eu não joguei porque não sou fã da série. Mas, até onde sei, saiu a versão original para Dreamcast em todo o globo e, depois, a versão "Complete" apenas no Japão. As versões para PS2 e GameCube são baseada na versão "Complete".

Inicio
    Jun 2012

Citação Postado originalmente por akumaster*** Ver Post
    - Na versão normal do Dreamcast a animação antes da tela de press start é diferente, passa outras cenas.
    - A cena toda do Wesker batendo na Claire não existe.
    - Quando o Wesker vê o Chris pelo monitor antes de chamar os Hunters ele fala: "Chris you are here?!" na versão X ele redublaram essa fala.
    - Quando o Wesker encontra a Alexia essa cena é diferente, o Wesker nem bate nela, na versão X ele da uma porradinha nela :P
    - E no final do jogo o Wesker não aparece.

No total a versão X têm mais cenas.
    Lembrando que a versão X tem para DC mas só no japão.

Dissection
    Visitante

a versão de DC é incomparavelmente melhor, ao menos para mim rs
    além das cenas a mais, vc ainda percebe na versão de ps2 que o jogo
    carrega em lugares em que o DC vc jogava sossegadamente,
    o único problema em jogar via emulador de Dreamcast é que na bendita estátua
    do tigre vc vai ter que usar um gameshark para pegar a peça que vc deveria pegar ali
    pq o tigre não se move rsrsrsrsrs o emulador não consegue fazer essa ação no jogo, mais
    tirando isso da para jogar perfeitamente esse jogo no emulador, já terminei ele mais de 10 vezes rsrs

Squall
    Visitante

Como comentei antes, essas ISOs são para serem gravadas e usadas no próprio Dreamcast. Se você usar as ISOs para rodarem em emuladores, não haverá melhora no desempenho. Exceto, é claro, se o downgrade feito para reduzir a qualidade dos arquivos de áudio e vídeo resultarem em um trabalho bem ruim. Mesmo assim, se for para usar em emuladores, o mais recomendado seria usar os jogos em formato .GDI.
    Então não é para mim já que sou usuário de emuladores.
    Mas usar essa coleção pode me salvar espaço no HD, não pode?

Tux é finlandês.

Inicio
    Jan 2014

Para quem quiser registar a versão do Disc Juggler Professional que disponibilizei para download do post principal, estou fornecendo os códigos para tal.

Name: www.appzplane3.com
    S/N: DJ4P-539C-8H65-I4A7-AGL0-2N

Citação Postado originalmente por Squall Ver Post
    Então não é para mim já que sou usuário de emuladores.
    Mas usar essa coleção pode me salvar espaço no HD, não pode?
    Depende do ponto de vista... Como disse, os jogos foram modificados para que caibam dentro de um CD comum sem perdas ou, quando necessário, com o menor downgrade possível nos arquivos áudio e vídeo, e com os arquivos dispostos de modo que leitor óptico trabalhe da melhor maneira possível. Como recomendei no começo do post, encorajo os usuários de emuladores a procurarem os jogos em versão .GDI, que são cópias exatas dos discos originais. Você pode procurar alguns desses jogos AQUI.

Em tempo... Eu também disponibilizei esse mesmo tópico na "casa do TuxTheWise" (ou seja, no lugar onde ele lançava seus repacks e onde ele tinha seu blog hospedado). Vocês podem conferir esse fato AQUI.

Tópicos Similares

1. 3 meses depois - sites de upload?
    Por Squall no fórum Software e Web
    Respostas: 18
    Último Post: 03/07/2012, 00:21
  2. Velox Reduz velocidade de upload sem prévio aviso
    Por fabiofilho no fórum Assuntos Gerais
    Respostas: 21
    Último Post: 27/05/2012, 14:10
  3. Algo estranho com a taxa de Download e Upload
    Por musico_louco no fórum Software e Web
    Respostas: 3